Butter Rum Cake Recipe. It's here.

>> Friday, December 7, 2012



I've been debating whether or not I should disperse this recipe into the universe because #1 it's not my original recipe, and #2 I had to beg, plead, blackmail, enforce silent treatment, do an interpretive dance, juggle firey batons, and eventually, exhaustedly... politely ask for it. And I've been hording it in my little Better Homes & Gardens recipe box for years, just as I'm sure the person I got it from has been doing before me. But I've come to the conclusion that a great recipe isn't great if it isn't shared. So this is my early Christmas gift to you. Make, bake, eat, and let that cake work its warm, happy magic on you.


Butter Rum Cake

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
Serves 12


Topping Ingredients

1 ½ C Chopped Pecans or Walnuts

Batter Ingredients

1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 Small package (1 oz) French vanilla or
 chocolate instant pudding
4 eggs
½ C Cold water
½ C Oil
½ C Myers’s Dark Rum

Glaze Ingredients
1 Stick Butter (½ C)
1 C Sugar
¼ C Water
½ C Myers’s Dark Rum


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325˚F.

2. Sprinkle nuts evenly over bottom of greased and floured funnel/angel food cake pan or bundt pan.

3. Combine batter ingredients and mix on medium-high 5 minutes. Pour batter into pan, bake 1 hour. Test with skewer until it comes out clean.
4. Place on wire rack 5 minutes while cake is still in the pan. Then turn out on plate and let cool slightly. Poke a lot of holes with skewer all the way through from top to bottom to allow glaze to soak through.

Glaze:
While cake is baking, prepare glaze so it will only be warm when applied. Melt 1 stick of butter in saucepan. Add the water and sugar. Bring to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and cool. Add ½ C rum. Dribble evenly over cake at intervals so it all soaks in.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP