May 30, 2003

>> Friday, May 7, 2010

Journal entry 5-30-03

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

I knew I'd come back. I had to. I promised. It's 12:20 pm PST, 3:20 EST and 9:20 pm Paris time. I'm into the 3rd hour of my 12 hour flight. I can't say I enjoy the long hours, but just knowing that I will be half way around the world in a culture different from my own makes it worth it. It is my first time flying alone for any long period so it's all very exciting, liberating and a little scary as well. I don't think God had ever intended me to be a homebody. And who knows why? No one else in my family has really traveled, although my granddad did; he was in the war, so he traveled whether he wanted to or not. I credit God for any ounce of gumption, bravery and accomplishments in my life. It is all because of Him that I am sitting in this plane that is destined for France. I wouldn't be surprised it I lived there, but we'll see what happens...

I'm curious to know where everyone is destined to, It would be fun to follow them. I'm very excited to see my host mom. The only things I know about her is that she has a historical house (which could mean a real fixer-upper or an 18th century mansion), she's a bit "fussy" (we'll find out all that "fussy" entails) and she wants someone who's quiet and can speak a little French.

I'm pretty sure I'll pick up on the language pretty fast, but I know I'm going to be tongue-tied in the meantime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP